Help Desk (night shift)
638 Davy Crockett Rd, San Antonio, TX
The Help Desk Analyst is responsible for providing first level problem resolution and support to the user community, documenting problems, escalating to higher levels as necessary and coordinating repairs by outside vendors. May assist customers via remote access, phone, or in person.
- Provides first level support and follow-up, through the Help Desk, to the user community regarding computer operations, hardware components, and software applications on multiple platform environments.
- Interviews user, analyzes user’s concern, reviews procedures and actions taken by user, and instructs user to perform diagnostic procedures in order to determine and complete the resolution/escalation of the user’s concern.
- Documents user’s concerns and associated resolutions through Work Order system.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending training, workshops, and reviewing publications.
- Coordinates repair of printers, copiers, and laptops by outside venders.
- Troubleshoots, configures, repairs, reimages, and issues laptops.
- Performs remote troubleshooting and installation of software applications.
- Applies procedures for Microsoft Office Professional Software Suite, Microsoft Windows XP or later version,Symantec Anti-virus software, Helpdesk management software, and various other software applications.
- Applies procedures for Network interface software, Web technology and relational database as they relate tosolving basic connectivity problems.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and public relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position works under general supervision.
- This position provides functional guidance and may train lower level employees.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience performing help desk functions or related work.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, time and attendance, and presentation software.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, networking and database concepts.
- Proficient in customer support skills.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Information System from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician or A+ certification.